I think you'll agree with me when I say, that food has the center stage in life of all living beings on our planet.
You are probably aware that, your food choices have a big impact on the quality of your physical and spiritual health.
Most of us have a very strong emotional opinions about what to eat, and how to eat, which has a definite effect on our physical and astral (linga sharira) body.
The good news is, that you are able to establish the connection between your body and soul through the quality of the food that you consume, and your emotional approach to eating.
So, what is the relationship between chakras and food that I eat?
Chakras are important elements on your spiritual path and understanding them will allow you to better integrate your mind, body, and spirit.
Both chakras, and the foods you consume every day, are at the very core of your existence.
Chakras are your internal energy centers, and food gives energy to sustain a healthy flow of energy through your seven 'wheels of life'.
The vibration of food interacts with your intrinsic vibration, and an energy exchange takes place:
- Food particles carry a unique vibration,
- The vibration feeds your chakras,
- Your chakras get activated.
Feeding the energetic layers of the chakras will lead you to a new level of higher energy and vibrant health.
Healthy chakras are the fuel that gives power to life
So I hope you are ready to develop much deeper food-spirit connection!
What Are The 7 Chakras In Our Body?
Before we get deeper into the food-chakra connection, let's have a quick look at the location and characteristics of each energy center in our body:
- Chakra 1 - Root Chakra | Muladhara - Located at the base of the spine. It is associated with energy, survival, stability, comfort and safety. Its element is earth.
- Chakra 2 - Sacral Chakra | Svadhishthana - Located in the lower abdomen. It is assoaciated with sensuality, sexuality, pleasure, sociability and emotions. Its element is water.
- Chakra 3 - Solar Plexus Chakra | Manipura - Located in the navel area. It is associated with strength, personality, power, determination and self-esteem. Its element is fire.
- Chakra 4 - Heart Chakra | Anahata - Located in the middle of the chest, over the sternum. It is associate with love, acceptance, compassion and sincerity. Its elelement is air.
- Chakra 5 - Throat Chakra | Vishuddha - Located in the throat area. It is associated with communication, expression, creativity and inspiration. Its element is ether / sound.
- Chakra 6 - Third Eye Chakra | Ajna - Located in the middle of the forehead. It is associated with intuition, lucidity, meditation and trust. Its element is light.
- Chakra 7 - Crown Chakra | Sahasrara - Located at the top of the head. It is associated with knowledge, consciousness, fulfillment and spirituality. Its element is thought.
Do you want to know the best part about chakra colors and their relationship to the food?
The colours of the 7 chakras correspond to the seven colours of rainbow and eating a 'rainbow a diet' is one of my most important tips on the way to your chakra health!
CHAKRA WALL ART & HOME DECOR
1. Root Chakra | Muladhara
Root Chakra (Muladhara) is the 1st chakra in your body located at the base of the spine. It provides the foundation on which we build life and it represents safety, stability, comfort and security.
The best foods for grounding and protection of our root chakra are:
- Red color foods: strawberries, cherries, tomatoes, red peppers, pomegranate, watermelon
- Root vegetables: beets, carrots, celery, ginger root, garlic, onion, potatoes, leek, radish, turnip, parsnips, shallots, yam
- Foods that are rooted in physical form: beef, chicken, pork, fish
Foods from animal origin are probably most physically oriented foods you can eat.
They are great sources of protein and iron which is necessary for healthy red blood cell formation.
However, if you are vegetarian or vegan it is not necessary to eat meat to be grounded.
Foods such as root vegetables, dark leafy greens, beans, chickpeas, tofu or nuts and eggs are great sources of grounding proteins and essential minerals.
You can learn more about root chakra in our Root Chakra Healing Guide | Muladhara.
Some of the of best red foods which resonate with your root chakra are:
|Cranberries||Beets||Red meat (for example beef)|
|Stawberries||Red bell peppers|
|Watermelon||Red jalapeno pepper|
|Red currants||Red onion|
|Red plums||Red leaf lettuce|
2. Sacral Chakra | Svadhishthana
Sacral Chakra (Svadhishthana) is the 2nd chakra in your body located around the navel area. Sacral chakra is responsible for healthy flow of your feelings and it deals with your emotional relationship with the food.
Healthy sacral chakra vibrates at the frequency similar to the orange color, therefore eating orange-colored foods such as oranges, carrots, mangoes, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, apricots and cantaloupe will help you to restore the balance in your second chakra.
Second group of foods which can help you with working on your blocked sacral chakra are foods with high water content – sacral chakra's leading element is water.
Make sure your diet is abundant in fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
Another great tip when working with your sacral chakra is to use creativity when you prepare your meals and aim for a pleasurable experience with variety of flavors, when eating your favourite foods.
You can learn more about sacral chakra in our Sacral Chakra Healing Guide | Svadhisthana.
Some of the of best orange foods which resonate with your sacral chakra are:
|Nectarines||Orange bell peppers|
3. Solar Plexus Chakra | Manipura
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) is the 3rd chakra in your body located in the stomach area. You can think of third chakra as a glowing, yellow Sun, which radiates through the center of your body and rules all aspects of your personal power.
Your solar plexus chakra is the center of food digestion, absorption and it transforms the energy of foods that you eat, into energy that you can use in life.
One of the most important things for solar plexus chakra health is to eat until you’re 80% full.
Eating too much will take away your sense of power, overload your digestive system and make you feel tired.
Healthy solar plexus chakra vibrates at the frequency similar to the yellow color, therefore eating yellow-colored foods such as bananas, pineapples, pears, grapefruits, mangoes, ginger, yellow string beans, yellow split peas, lentils and quinoa will help you to restore the balance in your third chakra.
Your solar plexus chakra’s favourite group of foods are good quality carbohydrates:
- Root Chakra builds foundation of your body with proteins,
- Sacral Chakra favours fats
- Solar Plexus Chakra goes after energy from simple (bananas) and complex carbohydrates (brown rice, sweet potatoes).
You can learn more about solar plexus chakra in our Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Guide | Manipura.
Some of the of best yellow foods which resonate with your solar plexus chakra are:
|Pineapples||Yellow bell peppers||Yellow split peas||Quinoa|
|Peaches||Yellow squash||Garbanzo beans||Millet|
7 CHAKRAS FACE PROTECTION
4. Heart Chakra | Anahata
Heart Chakra (Anahata) is the 4th chakra in your body located in the chest area and it represents love, acceptance and compassion.
As we go into the realm of upper chakras food has more of a symbolic meaning. Heart chakra is all about looking at food and eating with an open heart, and infusing every meal with love.
Our 3 lower chakras serve following aspects of our body:
- Root chakra looks at the food from the survival point of view
- Sacral chakra is all about pleasure of eating
- Solar plexus chakra deals with transformation of food into energy
Heart chakra act as a bridge between the body (represented by the lower three chakras) and the mind (represented by the 5th, 6th and 7th chakra).
Some of the most important lessons of your heart chakra when it comes to food are:
- Infuse love into your meals by using only the highest quality ingredients (organic, locally grown and sourced)
- Express gratitude for a meal, especially when it is prepared with love
- Share meals with others
- Eat more plant foods and raw fruits and vegetables (for example dark leafy greens)
You can learn more about heart chakra in our Heart Chakra Healing Guide | Anahata.
Some of the of best green foods which resonate with your heart chakra are:
|Avocadoes||Dark, leafy greens (kale, spinach, arugula)||Green beans|
|Green grapes||Broccoli||Green peas|
|Honeydew melons||Collard greens|
5. Throat Chakra | Vishuddha
Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) is the 5th chakra in your body located at the center of our neck and it represents your ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively.
Throat chakra is vital for your connection to food. To a big extent, you experience every meal through the throat chakra, with your senses of smell and taste.
Saliva in your mouth allows you to break down diverse nutrients, making them available for your stomach.
Throat chakra governs your ability to choose the right foods for your highest good.
Some of the most important lessons of your throat chakra when it comes to food are:
- Exchange communication with the others during your meals
- Aim to eat slower and chew your food
- Pay attention to your senses during a meal (for example avoid talking while chewing your food)
- Express your gratitude for a meal
- Choose only the highest quality ingredients for your meals (organic, locally grown and sourced)
Throat chakra main element is ether, therefore best foods to consume are the ones, which bridge the gap between different elements:
- Sea plants (Water-Earth) - plants such as kelp, dulse or nori are excellent choices for your thyroid health
- Soups (Earth-Water)
- Cold pressed juices (Water-Earth)
- Variety of ethnic foods
You can learn more about throat chakra in our Throat Chakra Healing Guide | Vishuddha.
6. Third Eye Chakra | Ajna
Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) is the 6th chakra in your body located in the centre of forehead, between the eyebrows.
Third eye chakra is your spiritual center of awareness and intuition, and its element is light, which has a faster vibration than a sound.
Third eye chakra gives you the ability to open your awareness and tap into your culinary intuition.
Some of the most important lessons of your third eye chakra when it comes to food are:
- Follow you intuition when you experience cravings for certain types of food. Try to ask your body what it really needs
- Don't overthink your food choices. Balanced third eye chakra will allow you to pick an item from a restaurant menu with ease
- Recognize your food addictions and their connection to your subconscious mind
- Avoid drinking bad quality water
- Avoid excessive caffeine (and other stimulants) consumption
- Avoid excessive alcohol and drug consumption
- Eat foods which are proven to enhance your brain performance such as walnuts, brazil nuts, spices, blueberries, avocadoes, broccoli, leafy greens, fish, dark chocolate
You can learn more about third eye chakra in our Third Eye Chakra Healing Guide | Ajna.
Some of the of best purple foods which resonate with your third eye chakra are:
|Black currants||Purple kale|
|Purple grapes||Purple peppers|
7. Crown Chakra | Sahasrara
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) is the 7th chakra in your body located at the top of the head.
Crown chakra is the seat of universal consciousness and divine connection, therefore there are no specific foods which can resonate with its frequency.
Some of the best "foods" for your crown chakra are:
- Clean water
- Fresh air and spending your time in the nature
Crown chakra has few important lessons when it comes to food and eating:
- Recognize and acknowledge the food as a gift. You can include your own prayer (spiritual practice) before your meals
- Release your attachment to food and purify your body through fasting
- Understand that quality of the food you consume is much important than quantity.
You can learn more about crown chakra in our Crown Chakra Healing Guide | Sahasrara.
Most of the resources in this blog post have been gathered from the wonderful book of Deanna M. Minich, Ph.D., C.N. 'Chakra Foods for Optimum Health'.
OUR BEST SELLERS