The sacral chakra is the second chakra from the bottom, situated about 2 inches below the navel in the region of the lower abdomen.
The sacral chakra is responsible for a healthy flow of your emotions and it deals with your ability to relate to yourself, and others.
It is the center of your creativity and emotional intelligence, however, the main aspect of the second chakra is sexuality.
Sexual energy is one of the most powerful energies you have in your body.
With a balanced sacral chakra, you can allow yourself to take delight in the pleasure of sex as an integrated aspect of life, and see intimacy as a form of communication.
Let's have a look at some of the best ways you can achieve this balance and unblock your sacral chakra.
How To Heal Your Sacral Chakra?
Cultivating a balanced and healthy sacral chakra requires you to awaken all of your feelings to the beauty of life with a sense of deep satisfaction.
When the energy of your second chakra flows freely through your pelvis, you will be able to maintain a positive self-image and always feel good about yourself.
So what are the most important elements of 2nd chakra healing?
The path of sacral chakra healing involves a discovery of how pleasure in your life is experienced - this is important to your body and spirit's well-being.
Unfortunately, modern society conditioned many of us to beware of pleasure and taught us to repress our natural bodily impulses.
Unblocking your sacral chakra also involves movement and exercises to stimulate the energy moving through this area.
Repressed emotions and feelings are very often trapped inside your body.
Exercise is one of the best ways of releasing and letting go of them.
Let's have look at my favorite ways to release these trapped emotions and open your sacral chakra:
CHAKRA WALL ART & HOME DECOR
GET YOUR COLORFUL 7 CHAKRA AFFIRMATION POSTER TODAY!
Simple self-nurturing activities such as taking a hot bath with your favorite music, eating your favorite food, or getting a massage are a great starting point in your second chakra healing process.
Nurturance is a fundamental need of your body, mind, and soul.
Get creative and think about something you really enjoy doing, and reach out for this experience of pleasure with full awareness and without any sense of guilt.
Get past your judgments, slow down the process, and get fully into this experience. At the end of this experiment, ask yourself a couple of questions:
- Where in your body did you experience most pleasure?
- How did you feel?
- Can you describe all sensations and feelings?
2. Creative & Playful Activities
Creative and playful activities promote healthy social and emotional development. Without them, life becomes monotonous, and they are very often overlooked as we grow up.
Consider getting yourself a spiral notebook or diary and start writing your feelings and thoughts for a minimum of 5 minutes every day.
Journaling is a great way of clearing your mind and releasing all of your thoughts, emotions, and feelings - it will make you feel lighter.
Another great way of healing your sacral chakra through playful activities is trying out something new, which involves physical movement:
- Go dancing this weekend or sign up for a dance class
- Try out your local gym, yoga studio, or crossfit class
- Go for a hike or bike ride in nature
Be spontaneous and use your imagination to come up with some playful activities that you always wanted to do, but you have been postponing them for a long time.
3. Sacral Chakra Meditation
One of my favorite sacral chakra meditation techniques is water meditation. This meditation is very similar to any other traditional meditation practice. The only difference is that you will add a water element into your practice.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Before you start your water meditation practice, pour yourself a large glass of water.
- Sit down in a lotus pose with your spine straight, relax your body, and take a few deep breaths.
- Start drinking your water slowly.
- Concentrate on the feeling of water pouring down through your entire body and feel the coolness of it.
- As you get deeper into this meditation, shift your focus to your sacral chakra and imagine an orange, translucent light in this area.
- Visualize it expanding and filling up your entire pelvis with an orange glow.
- Be aware of the balance it brings into your life and take as long as you need to integrate this beautiful energy.
- When you are ready, gently allow your sacral chakra to close and open your eyes.
You can finish your water meditation with this affirmation:
“I flow with the natural harmony of the universe and allow myself to accept all the good things it has to offer”
4. Sacral Chakra Affirmations
Here are some of the most powerful sacral chakra affirmations which you can use during your meditation to help you restore balance in this energy center:
- I am passionate about my life.
- I am a sensual and creative being.
- I am in touch with my feelings and emotions.
- The universe is full of sweetness and beauty.
- I receive pleasure and abundance with every breath I take.
- I give myself full permission to enjoy all pleasures of life.
- I give myself full permission to fully enjoy my sexuality.
- Rest and play are a regular part of my life.
- I am joyful. I am spontaneous. I am creative.
- I trust my intuition and allow it to guide me.
- As I love and respect myself, healing happens naturally.
GET YOUR COLORFUL 7 CHAKRA AFFIRMATION POSTER TODAY!
5. Sacral Chakra Yoga Poses
Balancing sacral chakra with yoga exercises involves building strength and flexibility in your hips and all the muscles surrounding your pelvis. Some of the best yoga poses for second chakra are:
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
- Crescent Pose (Anjaneyasana)
- Reclined Thunderbolt Pose (Vajrasana)
- Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- Goddess Pose (Utkata Konasana)
- Squat Pose (Malasana)
- Child’s Pose (Balasana)
- Pigeon Pose (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana)
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
GET YOUR COLORFUL 7 CHAKRAS YOGA POSTER TODAY!
6. Sacral Chakra Stones and Crystals
Just like every other chakra, Svadhisthana can be balanced with specific stones and crystals.
What crystals and stones are good for sacral chakra?
Some of the best gemstones that will help you to heal sacral chakra include orange carnelian, golden topaz, golden tiger’s eye, and gold citrine.
You can use any of these powerful sacral chakra stones and crystals by holding them, wearing them in the form of jewelry, or simply having them around your house.
- Typical colors: yellow, orange, brown-red, and sometimes green, blue, or black.
- Helps with: self-confidence, decision-making, emotional balance, patience, focus, clarity, relieve stress and anxiety
Amber is an organic stone, which has been created from dried tree resin millions of years ago. Amber has a strong connection to the sun and earth and often carries within ancient organisms and plant matter.
Amber will enhance your motivation and drive in a balanced way and boost your confidence, optimism, and well-being. Amber is a gemstone of health and a powerful natural purifier, which can help you to heal all of your body ailments associated with solar plexus chakra.
- Typical colors: brown, yellow, or gray in natural state (untreated).
- Helps with: willpower, self-confidence, courage, creativity, manifesting desires, digestion, good fortune and luck.
It is a traditional stone for courage and healing, and it can bring healing to your solar plexus chakra by boosting your self-confidence. It will allow you to manage your fear, anxiety, and anger. Physically, it is believed to improve your digestion and metabolism.
- Typical colors: golden, brown and red-brown.
- Helps with: focus, decision-making, good luck, protection, overcoming fear and anxiety, motivation, digestion, vitality.
Tiger’s eye is a great gemstone to increase your personal power, strength, and vitality. This beautiful gemstone holds the optimistic and warm energy of the sun, and it can help you to be more positive. Physically, it can help you to slow down your metabolism and improve your digestion.
- Typical colors: from yellow and orange to earthy brown.
- Helps with: self-confidence, clarity, happiness and optimism, creativity, self-expression, manifesting desires, wealth and prosperity.
It is a crystal of success and happiness, which will help you to live your life with more enthusiasm. It is believed to bring more confidence, clarity, and meaning into your life.
Citrine can also help you to be more flexible in life, follow your intuition and let go of the past that no longer serves you. Citrine can be used both for your solar plexus and sacral chakra.
- Typical colors: brass-yellow, brown-black
- Helps with: strength of mind, willpower, determination, grounding, protection, persuasion, communication.
Pyrite is sometimes referred to as "Fool's Gold" because its color is somewhat similar to that of a gold nugget.
Pyrite will help you to strengthen your persuasion and communication skills. In difficult times, Pyrite will provide you with energy and vitality. It will also improve your comprehension, memory, learning abilities, and awareness.
GET YOUR COLORFUL CHAKRA STONES CHART TODAY!
The passage of energy between the couple engaged in an intimate relationship can have powerful healing properties and allow you to restore the balance in your sacral chakra.
Since the sacral chakra is your center of sexuality, through the intensity of sexual excitement, every chakra in your body will vibrate with higher intensity.
If you haven’t heard anything about Tantra yet, I encourage you to look into this ancient practice – the entire chakra system originates from Tantric philosophy.
Tantra will help you to understand yourself and reach a higher state of consciousness.
Healthy sacral chakra vibrates at a frequency similar to the orange color, so eating orange-colored foods such as oranges, carrots, mangoes, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, apricots, and cantaloupe will help you to restore the balance in your second chakra.
The second group of foods that can help you with working on your blocked sacral chakra are foods with high water content – make sure your diet is abundant in fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
But there is something even more important for a healthy balance in 2nd chakra:
Types of food that we eat are not as important for your sacral chakra as your emotional relationship with the food. Use creativity when you prepare your meals and aim for a pleasurable experience with a variety of flavors when eating your favorite foods.
Let me share a few extra things that I learned about food when I was working with my second chakra:
- Pay attention to all of your senses during a meal.
- Unfortunately, due to our busy lifestyle, most people rush through their meals. Try to eat your meals slowly and enjoy every single bite.
- Involve your friends and family in the process of meal creation.
- You might have heard it when you were younger: “Do not play with your food!”. Completely ignore this advice and do the exact opposite: play as much as you want with food on your plate!
- Always give gratitude for a meal.
- Take notes and observe your food cravings – they are all tied to your emotions, and they all have different meanings.