The notion that sound affects the mind and body's well-being is not new.
Sound vibrations, according to Vedic tradition, tap into the elemental energy current that permeates throughout the world but is unseen to the human eye.
Chanting and mantra recitation has been an essential component of Hindu culture for thousands of years.
Theta brain frequencies (which are linked with a profound, meditative state) are enhanced by the sound and vibrations, and they can be produced by reciting and chanting mantras.
In this article, we are going to explore the topic of mantras and chakra chants in more depth.
You will learn what are the best bija mantras for each of your 7 energy centers and what are the benefits of chanting chakra mantras.
Let's dive right in.
Chakra Lover Gifts
What Does Mantra Mean?
Many spiritual tools and ideas can enhance and even alter your life if you fully grasp their power and learn how to incorporate them into your daily routine.
Mantra is undoubtedly one of these powerful, spiritual tools of transformation.
Mantra is a single-syllable sound that may be expressed aloud and repeated to keep your mind focused during meditation or other spiritual practices.
It is a Sanskrit word made up of the word "manas" (mind/to-think) and "tra" (vehicle). As a result, a man-tra is a "mind-vehicle" or a means of transporting us beyond the ideas of our mind.
Mantras are powerful phrases and "power words" used in many spiritual systems across the world.
However, mantras have their origins in Hindu and Buddhist traditions, with some of the earliest mantras dating back 3000 years to the Vedic (Hindu) texts.
They have just as much power in pulling you away from busy, nagging thoughts as they do in steering you towards something positive.
Traditional Sanskrit mantras, like "OM" are extremely powerful because of the vibrational nature of words in this ancient language.
OM (ॐ) is said to be the primal sound, carrying the essence of the Universe.
OM is also the most significant seed mantra, which matches the vibrations of your third eye and crown chakras.
Now, let's take a look at the rest of the seed mantras (also known as bija mantras):
CHAKRA WALL ART & HOME DECOR
GET YOUR COLORFUL 7 CHAKRA AFFIRMATION POSTER TODAY!
What Are The 7 Chakra Chants?
Each chakra in your body has the accompanying chakra sound, sometimes referred to as a bija mantra or seed mantra.
These special mono-syllable sounds were originally created in Vedic therapeutic and spiritual traditions in order to achieve balance and harmony in the human mind, body, and mind.
Every part of your body works at a certain beat and pulse and we feel complete harmony and health when all our systems are regulated and harmonized.
When it comes to unblocking your seven chakras and activating your kundalini life energy, these seed sounds are extremely effective.
These are the 7 chakra healing chants:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara) - chant mantra LAM
- Sacral Chakra (Svadhishthana) - chant mantra VAM
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) - chant mantra RAM
- Heart Chakra (Anahata) - chant mantra YAM
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) - chant mantra HAM
- Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) - chant mantra OM
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) - chant mantra OM
How To Chant Chakra Mantras?
To get the full benefits of chanting these seed mantras, you must commit to a daily practice for an extended period of time.
It will help your mind to adjust to the instruction and remove any limiting thoughts you may have.
- Find a peaceful place with a few distractions.
- Identify and focus on the goal of your mantra session (set your intention).
- Each mantra can be chanted laying down or while sitting in a cross-legged, lotus position.
- Early morning or late evening are the best times to chant, but feel free to select any time that suits you.
- Each mantra may be repeated several times, or you can create your own mantra chanting sequence.
- You can chant the mantras for as long as you like, but for best effects, do so for at least 10-15 minutes. If you have mala beads you can chant the mantra 108 times.
- You may concentrate on one chakra at a time and chant its unique seed mantra repeatedly, or you can do all seven at once.
- Enjoy the feeling of relaxation!
Remember that even when recited silently, chakra seed mantras are also very powerful. In fact, silent mantras are actually more effective since they demand more concentration, focus, and attention.
3 Ways Of Chanting Mantras
Mantra recitation is called japa, which literally translates to "muttering" or "whispering."
Japa is a practice that dates back thousands of years. Mantras were originally derived from the Rig-Veda, Hinduism's oldest and holy text.
Japa is frequently exercised while holding a rosary or mala, which consists of 108 beads.
When it comes to practicing japa and reciting mantras, there are three schools of thought, and most individuals employ them interchangeably depending on the situation:
- Vaikhari Japa - the practice of reciting the mantra aloud. It allows the chanting's vibrations to be felt in the physical body.
- Upamshu Japa - the practice of chanting the mantra quietly while keeping the lips and tongue moving. It is believed that this is 10,000 times more powerful than Vaikhari Japa.
- Manasika Japa - mantra is repeated in one's head. It is 1000 times more potent than upamshu japa and hence 100,000 times more powerful than vaikhari japa. You should practice this japa only if you are familiar with vaikhari japa.
What Are The Benefits Of Chanting Mantras?
The impact of mantras on our brain has been studied extensively by scientists.
Most studies agree that certain sound frequencies can improve mental health, boost mood, and helps to better deal with everyday problems.
Each chakra chant generates a distinct sound and vibration that activates various parts of the brain, resulting in positive effects such as relaxation and natural healing.
Mantras wash away all of your impurities like a soap composed of sound.
These are some of the benefits of chanting mantras:
- Mantras will improve your brain health by synchronizing both hemispheres of your brain and promoting alpha brain waves.
- They provide a sense of calm and relaxation. It is a pleasant vibe that clears our minds of negativity.
- Mantras can help you to concentrate on a specific task and improve your focus.
- Chanting mantras can generate a clean vibration in your body and mind. They will purify your chakras from any negative energies and blockages.
- Mantras will also reduce your stress and anxiety.
Chakra Balancing With Bija Mantras
Bija or seed mantras are sounds that cannot be translated into a literal meaning yet have the potential to transform us on all levels: physical, emotional, and spiritual.
The mantra's potency is amplified by the level of focus. Every seed mantra possesses immense power.
To truly comprehend the transformational potential of bija mantras, we must first recognize that all sound in the universe is vibrating energy.
The rhythmical vibrations created by reciting these wonderful seed mantras will help to stabilize the uneven vibrations of your 7 chakras.
Learning how to chant mantras is like learning any other skill. Consider it as though you were working out a muscle you'd never worked before.
To become comfortable, you must practice regularly.
OUR BEST SELLERS