The third eye chakra, also known as the “Brow Chakra”, is the 6th energy center from the bottom, located in the middle of your head, between the eyebrows.
The Sanskrit name for a Third Eye Chakra is ‘Ajna’, which means “to perceive” or “to command”, as activating it will allow you to finally take command of your life and get full access to your internal guidance system.
Some of the main functions of third eye chakra are:
- Astral Projection
The primary color of the third eye chakra is indigo, which is a combination of blue and violet. The majority of the 6th chakra stones are either dark blue or violet.
Indigo is considered to be a color of integrity, harmony, deep inner awareness, and wisdom.
Many of the dark blue and indigo third eye chakra stones will boost your natural psychic gifts, enhance your lucid dreams, and allow you to sense things before they happen.
Indigo and dark blue colored chakra stones can influence you by putting your mind in a concentrated and focused state.
GET YOUR COLORFUL CHAKRA STONES CHART TODAY!
Now, let's a have a look at some of the best stones to balance your third eye chakra.
- Typical colors: pale violet, deep purple, purple-black.
- Helps with: meditation, spiritual awareness, intuition, mental clarity, stress and anxiety, focus, creativity, psychic abilities.
This translucent, purple gemstone is excellent for the third eye chakra. Amethyst will relax your mind and lift your spirit. It is a perfect stone for improving your dream recall, lucid dreaming, and astral projection. Amethyst is also a powerful protection stone.
2. Lapis Lazuli
- Typical colors: indigo, blue, green-blue, violet-blue.
- Helps with: meditation, spiritual awareness, intuition, psychic abilities, lucid dreaming, astral projection, stress and anxiety, luck.
It is a protective stone that can help you to contact your Spirit Guides and open your third eye. It recognizes psychic blocks and returns the energy to its source. It is a powerful cleanser of energetic blockages. Lapis Lazuli will open your psychic abilities, improve your dream recall and guide you on your spiritual journey.
- Typical colors: blue, dark blue, purple, pink, yellow, orange, and green.
- Helps with: meditation, self-realization, spiritual awareness, intuition, mental clarity, decision-making, self-expression, wealth, and prosperity.
This heavenly blue gemstone is considered to be a stone of wisdom and psychic activation. Dark blue sapphire will allow you to access deeper levels of consciousness and stay on your spiritual path. It will increase your intuition, awareness, mental clarity and restore the energetic balance in your third eye chakra.
- Typical colors: blue with white veins.
- Helps with: mental clarity, meditation, self-expression, communication, self-awareness, emotional balance, psychic abilities, good luck, and wealth.
Sodalite assists you in determining your life purpose and direction in life. It serves as a guide on your personal journey, allowing you to become absorbed in the experience of spiritual development.
Sodalite is a gemstone that integrates logic and intuition. It stimulates the pineal gland and the third eye, which helps in deep meditation.
- Typical colors: colorless, light blue, white-gray, blue-gray, violet, light pink, reddish, brownish.
- Helps with: spiritual awareness, psychic abilities, astral projection, stress and anxiety, clairvoyance, telepathy.
Angelite's light blue colors are very soothing and comforting. They radiate angelic energy that will fill you with deep joy. It has a gentle yet strong healing force that can help you to feel relaxed.
Angelite is an excellent stone for cultivating your spiritual practice, which is something that many people struggle with, in today's world. It is a stone that enables divine contact with angels, guides, and your higher-self.
- Typical colors: most commonly blue and white, and rarely green, gray, yellow, pink, orange, or black
- Helps with: psychic abilities, communication, self-expression, relationships, meditation, good luck, and wealth.
Kyanite is an incredible crystal of connectivity, that strengthens telepathic and psychic capacities and creates a link for transmitting or receiving healing energies.
Kyanite will allow you to transition into a meditative state by creating a state of coherence between your heart and mind.
7. Eye of Shiva
- Typical colors: brown, black, or white with a brown swirl.
- Helps with: meditation, spiritual awareness, intuition, psychic abilities, lucid dreaming, astral projection.
The name of this gemstone is derived from Lord Shiva, who is normally depicted with the third eye in the middle of his forehead. Eye of Shiva can assist you in accessing your third eye and seeing with better psychic perception and discernment.
You can place this gemstone in an important location around the house, especially near the front door, where it can observe and filter the energy of those who enter your home.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT IT YOURSELF
Third Eye Chakra Stones Chart
There are many other beautiful 3rd eye chakra stones and crystals. It might be difficult to remember all of them.
We have gathered some of our favorite sixth chakra stones together and created a small, third eye chakra crystals chart for you. If you are using Pinterest, go ahead and pin to your Crystals & Stones Board:
How To Use Third Eye Chakra Stones
There is no correct or incorrect way for third eye chakra stones to be used. However, I am going to give you a few creative ideas on how to include them as a part of your daily routine:
- Meditate with your gemstones and crystals.
- Place the stones on your physical body (third eye chakra point is located on the forehead, between your eyebrows).
- Put the stones in different places around your home.
- Wear your third eye chakra gemstones as a form of jewelry.
- Use them during your bath time.
- Create your own, beautiful chakra crystal grid by combing them together with other chakra stones.
7 Chakras Stones Chart
Would you like to learn about all of the other chakra stones and their meanings?
We have created a comprehensive guide, which will show you how to choose the right stone for your chakra, how to use chakra stones, and how to activate your crystals:
Chakra Stones Meanings | 7 Chakras Crystals Chart