We are all-powerful energetic beings gifted with the ability to carry an active electromagnetic energy field around our bodies.
This field protects our physical form and supports our mental and emotional states. It's like a sophisticated power grid, also known as an auric field, and it is generated by the chakras in our body.
Internal energy obstructions and stagnation may cause the auric field to become dysfunctional, thus it is critical to maintaining our chakras healthy.
When a chakra is out of balance (for example overactive or underactive), it will ultimately influence the other chakras, most commonly the chakras directly beneath or above the afflicted chakra.
In this article, I am going to share with you some of the best chakra healing methods I learned and practiced over the last few years.
Most of these techniques are very simple, safe, and easy to practice. All you need to start is an intention to heal, balance, and unblock your chakras.
Let's dive right in!
What Are Chakras?
Chakra is a Sanskrit word literally meaning wheel or circle, and it originates from the ancient Indian yoga system and the philosophy of Tantra.
Chakras can be best described as the vortexes of energy located vertically along the spine, and they correspond to the spinal plexuses in the physical body.
Chakras are like portals through which subtle energies and information from upper planes of existence (such as the astral or causal plane) are funneled through to us.
They work as regulators and transformers, receiving, assimilating, and distributing the pranic life-force energy to the subtle body.
We get a deeper understanding of ourselves and learn how to heal ourselves on all levels when we connect with the energy inside our chakras, resulting in genuine holistic healing.
If you want to learn more about chakras, we have created an easy-to-understand guide to 7 chakras: Chakras For Beginners.
How Many Chakras Are There?
There are seven primary energy centers running down the spine:
- Chakra 1 - Root Chakra | Muladhara - Located at the base of the spine. It is associated with energy, survival, stability, comfort and safety. Its element is earth.
- Chakra 2 - Sacral Chakra | Svadhishthana - Located in the lower abdomen. It is associated with sensuality, sexuality, pleasure, sociability and emotions. Its element is water.
- Chakra 3 - Solar Plexus Chakra | Manipura - Located in the navel area. It is associated with strength, personality, power, determination and self-esteem. Its element is fire.
- Chakra 4 - Heart Chakra | Anahata - Located in the middle of the chest, over the sternum. It is associated with love, acceptance, compassion and sincerity. Its element is air.
- Chakra 5 - Throat Chakra | Vishuddha - Located in the throat area. It is associated with communication, expression, creativity and inspiration. Its element is ether / sound.
- Chakra 6 - Third Eye Chakra | Ajna - Located in the middle of the forehead. It is associated with intuition, lucidity, meditation and trust. Its element is light.
- Chakra 7 - Crown Chakra | Sahasrara - Located at the top of the head. It is associated with knowledge, consciousness, fulfilment and spirituality. Its element is thought.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT IT FOR YOURSELF
GET YOUR COLORFUL 7 CHAKRA AFFIRMATION POSTER TODAY!
How Do You Know If Your Chakras Are Blocked?
To work correctly and to be balanced, all of your chakras must be open. Obstructions to the energy flow inside a chakra may bring emotional and physical discomfort or negative symptoms related to the chakra that is blocked.
If your chakras are blocked, you may experience a variety of signs and symptoms. These obstructions can either be physical, emotional, spiritual or psychological.
Some of the most common signs of blocked chakras are:
- Physical body sensations.
- Physical body manifestation of diseases and illnesses.
- Negative feelings such as fear, anxiety, doubt, and depression.
- Addictive behaviors and bad habits.
- Extreme emotions, such as uncontrollable anger or complete apathy.
- Mental disorders.
- Blocks in manifesting your dream life.
- Being spiritually rigid.
Life is more harmonious when there is a healthy balance between the auric (energetic) body and the physical body.
Each of the chakra's associated endocrine glands will be impacted if the flow of energy in the chakras is obstructed and imbalanced, producing dysfunction in the physical body as well as mental and emotional disorders.
How Chakras Get Blocked? Why Chakras Get Blocked?
When your chakras are in balance, your life is in total harmony, and your psychical and mental health is excellent.
However, chakras, like any other gateway or channel, can become blocked, constricted, or closed.
A blocked chakra indicates that energy is trapped or restricted. It's similar to a clogged artery in your body.
So how do chakras get blocked?
Chakra blockages will normally manifest in three different ways. A chakra's function may be:
- Underactive, resulting in too little energy moving in and out of that chakra.
- Overactive, resulting in too much energy flowing in and out of that chakra.
- Closed, resulting in no energy flowing in and out of the chakra
But why do chakras get blocked?
Most of the time, negative energy that is unable to leave the body blocks the chakras.
This negative energy can be an outcome of traumatic life events and emotional problems. If we can't discharge this negative energy, it might get trapped within us.
The release of such energies can be done by opening up chakras and connecting energy paths that allow for a clear way to remove all of the harmful energy blockages.
How To Unblock Chakras: Chakra Healing Methods
Most of the chakra healing methods aim to restore balance to the energy flow via each chakra and, as a result, across the entire subtle and physical body.
Positive intention and willingness to address the past, to feel old wounds, traumas, and injuries, is the first step toward chakra healing.
Become open to exploring your shadow realms, the dark and frightening areas where frightening monsters may dwell.
Your openness to face things that are challenging is the key to understanding your path towards healthy chakras. It's the path to freedom, health, and bliss after years of hardship.
When you take the effort to clear blockages inside the chakras, your life-force energy flows more harmoniously and productively in and out. It gets simpler to connect with your surroundings and reach your goals.
Let's have a look at some of the best ways to unblock your seven chakras:
1. Unblock Chakras with Meditation
Meditation is probably the most effective method to clear energetic obstructions from all of your chakras. While any type of meditation is beneficial for opening up your chakras, guided meditations to activate your chakras are the most effective.
You can use chakra meditation in 2 ways:
- Concentrate and meditate on a specific chakra, which is blocked.
- Meditate by focusing on each chakra and its location for a given amount of time. These meditations usually start from the root chakra and finish at the top of your head (crown chakra).
Meditation is a great tool for connecting with your soul and seeking advice from your higher self. It's an excellent way to stay in the now, release trapped energy and undesired obstructions, attract fresh and pleasant energy, and balance your chakras.
Meditation means being more aware and achieving a state of mind which is silent and calm.
If you want to get few meditation tips and learn what are the techniques, and benefits of meditation check out this article on our blog.
2. Unblock Chakras with Yoga
The chakras link the metaphysical with the physical world and the practice of yoga is inseparably related to the chakras.
Yoga encompasses the chakras as a profound journey to spiritual awakening because that is what yoga has always been about.
The main goal of chakra-based yoga is to awaken the Divine within you by bringing you into contact with the sacred energy of Shakti, which flows freely through the central energetic channels called nadis (ida, pingala, and sushumna), and activates all of your seven chakras.
Physical postures and breathing techniques, known as Pranayama in yoga, can aid in the relaxation of accumulated stress in the body and the alignment of the chakras.
Through the practice of physical yoga poses (asanas), you will restore the healthy rhythm of your seven chakras and bring more peace to your mind, body, and spirit.
We have created a wonderful and comprehensive guide on our blog, which describes in detail what are the best yoga postures of each of your 7 chakras:
Chakra Yoga: Best Yoga Poses For 7 Chakras.
GET YOUR COLORFUL 7 CHAKRAS YOGA POSTER TODAY!
3. Unblock Chakras with Breathing
Breath is one of the best ways of working with most of your chakras. Hindus understand the importance of breath (sometimes referred to as 'prana') and its purifying energy.
Pranayama techniques in yoga have been designed to practice breath control, increase the oxygen flow in the body, and expand consciousness.
Breath in traditional Chinese culture (known as “Qi”, which translates to “air” or “life force”) is the foundation of medicine and martial arts, such as Qigong.
Let’s have a look at few useful breathing techniques that can be used to restore a healthy flow of energy between all of your chakras:
- Diaphragmatic Breathing - it is an easy and powerful breathing technique that involves contracting your diaphragm muscle, which separates the abdomen from the chest.
- Gamma Breathing - this is my favorite breathing technique, which consists of 4 cycles of breathing, where you alternate between breathing through your mouth and nose. Gamma breathing shifts your brain into a gamma state.
- Alternate Nostril Breathing, also known as Nadi Shodana, is a purifying breathing technique used to release trapped energy channels in your body and calm the mind.
- Breath of Fire, also known as Kapalabhati Pranayama, is a powerful detoxifying breathing technique, which involves a series of short and powerful nose inhales (exhale is passive).
- Lion’s Breath, also known as Simha Pranayama is another powerful breathing technique that can improve blood circulation and strengthen the muscles in your throat.
- Wim Hof Method - it is a combination of powerful breathing exercises and cold therapy.
4. Unblock Chakras with Crystals & Stones
It's commonly believed that some crystals and stones possess high vibrational energy that may be passed to you and help you balance your energy.
Chakras are the most significant energy centers in your body, and gemstones may enable you to replenish your spiritual energies within these energy vortexes.
Each chakra can be balanced and healed by chakra stones and crystals.
If you are interested in healing your energy centers with gemstones check out our post with a list of specific chakra stones, which are known to work in harmony with your chakras.
GET YOUR COLORFUL CHAKRA STONES CHART TODAY!
5. Unblock Chakras with Mantras
Certain sound vibrations have been shown to have substantial benefits on your physical and mental health because they may directly alter your brainwaves and generate a state of body-mind coherence.
The notion that music has an impact on the mind and body is not new. Chanting and mantra recitation have been a component of Hindu culture for thousands of years.
Theta brain frequencies, which are linked with a profound, meditative state, are enhanced by the sound and vibrations produced by reciting mantras.
There are 7 chakras in the human body and these are the sounds (also known as bija mantras in the Sanskrit language) associated with each chakra:
- Root Chakra (Muladhara) - bija mantra LAM
- Sacral Chakra (Svadhishthana) - bija mantra VAM
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) - bija mantra RAM
- Heart Chakra (Anahata) - bija mantra YAM
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) - bija mantra HAM
- Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) - bija mantra OM
- Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) - bija mantra OM
If you are interested in healing your chakras with sound and mantras check out our extensive Chakra Sounds article.
6. Unblock Chakras with Mudras
Mudras are frequently employed alongside mantras (chanting sounds), asanas (body postures), and pranayama (breathing exercises) in numerous Hindu and Buddhist ceremonies.
Hand mudras are said to have therapeutic effects because they help you to better channel higher energies into your body and mind.
Have a look at our 'Mantra & Mudra Guide' and start awakening your chakras today with these simple and powerful hand seals:
7. Unblock Chakras with Massage, Acupuncture & Acupressure
Getting a massage (or acupuncture / acupressure treatment) is a great way to open up stagnant energy channels, which go along your meridian lines.
When the chakras are functioning properly, they align with one another and with the meridians to ensure that energy flows smoothly in your body.
There are more smaller chakras that run throughout the body, mostly parallel to the meridians.
So, in essence, the life force brought into the body by the main chakras is distributed through meridians.
8. Unblock Chakras with Reiki
Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing technique that is used by many Reiki Masters all over the world.
During the Reiki healing session, Reiki practitioners normally place their hands over your corresponding chakra centers and work on restoring your chakra's energetic balance.
Reiki therapy enhances the recipient's vibrational frequency and clears blockages that obstruct energy flow, allowing healing to begin at the cellular level.
Reiki's philosophy is based on the principle that the supply of energy is infinite. Reiki's nature is such that it can only be helpful for healing your chakra blockages.
9. Unblock Chakras with a Pendulum
Using a pendulum is the quickest technique to start sensing the health of the chakras.
A pendulum amplifies the energy flow produced by each chakra. Observing how this energy emerges in the swing of the pendulum may reveal a lot about your chakras.
The pendulum promotes spiritual and physical healing by detecting any blockages in a person's chi (energy). It is a simple instrument that aids in the balance, healing, and cleansing of our minds and bodies.
They assist us in finding solutions to specific issues by picking up on small vibrations. They do this by flowing in the direction of the unseen energy that surrounds us.
Now over to you:
Have you tried any of the chakra healing techniques mentioned in this article?
Did you have any success with them?
What are your favorite ones?
Let us know in the comment section, down below!
OUR BEST SELLERS